INFOSECCONNECT JOB SEEKER FAQs
How do I search for a job on InfoSec Connect?
Simply enter the keyword(s) and location on the job search page or from the home page to search from hundreds of InfoSec opportunities worldwide.
Do I have to pay to search for opportunities on InfoSec Connect?
NEVER. It doesn’t matter if you create a visible or an incognito profile, are active in the market or just testing the waters. We will never, ever, ever charge you to search for jobs or post your profile. Ever.
Can I find a job based on location?
Of course. Search by city, state or country and you will find information security positions from around the world.
What if I only want to work remote?
We are one of the only job boards that allows companies to easily label the postings “Remote/Telecommute” with the simple click of a button. When searching for remote jobs, you can click the “Remote/Telecommute” box OR enter terms into the keyword section like “virtual” or “remote” or “work from home”. We are a 100% virtual organization and we know the value of remote talent!
How do I get more (or fewer) jobs to show up in my results?
Start playing with your search parameters and keywords. Remember that a database can only search for the terms you input and sometimes terminology can change from company to company. What is “infosec” in one organization is “cyber” in another. Also consider broadening your location parameters and job types.
ACCOUNT AND DATA PRIVACY
Who can see my information in the InfoSec Connect system?
That depends on whether you have created a “Public” or “Incognito” profile.
How is an “incognito” profile different than a “public” profile?
Meet Max Power. Max has created a “public” profile, which means employers will be able to see relevant information including his name, email address, areas of interest and skills. The “Public” profile for Max will look like this:
What is an incognito profile?
An Incognito Profile allows candidate resumes and relevant skills/areas of interest information to be searchable in our database, while remaining completely confidential. Many candidates are interested in hearing about opportunities, but either don’t want to be stalked by recruiters, or they don’t want anyone to know they’re on the hunt. Here is the Incognito version of Max Power’s profile:
How easy is it to switch a public profile to incognito?
Super easy. You can toggle back and forth with the press of a button:
If my contact information isn’t visible on my “Incognito” profile, how will employers reach me?
The best way to communicate with employers is through InfoSec Messages. InfoSec Messages was created to stream line confidential communications between employers and job seekers. Employers will be able to connect with you anonymously by clicking “Send Message” on the application page. An alert of the message will be sent to your email along with a link to log into InfoSec Connect messaging system. As employers are searching resumes in the database, they can communicate easily with a job seeker by clicking the button “Send Message” at the top of the profile page. The content of your communications will not be displayed in the email notification sent to you for security reasons.
Why can’t I login to my account?
The most common reason is a forgotten password. Use the forgotten password feature to reset your password.
How do I change my password?
It’s easy. Log into your account and navigate to the tab titled “Me” on the left hand side navigation. Select “My Account” and click on the “Change My Password” button. Boom. Done.
What are InfoSec Connect’s job posting guidelines?
To learn more about the kinds of jobs that can be posted to InfoSec Connect, please view our job posting guidelines.
Is InfoSec Connect Secure?
Security and privacy are extremely important to us at InfoSec Connect and we make every effort to ensure user data is handled securely. We use some of the most advanced technology for internet security that is commercially available today. Below is a partial list of security measures we take to protect your data:
- All our systems utilize SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) – the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral.
- Physical Security: All InfoSec Connect systems and infrastructure are hosted with AWS, which is fast-becoming the gold standard for data center security.
- Our firewalls restrict access to all ports except 80 (http) and 443 (https).
- No outside vendors have direct access to our systems.
- All user-created passwords are stored in encrypted format.
- All software and systems are regularly updated and patched to mitigate exposure to vulnerabilities.
- InfoSec Connect is Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant. Credit card data is not stored or transmitted through our system. Our PCI DSS verified credit card hosting provider accepts card payment, and stores, processes and transmits cardholder data.
How do I use InfoSec Messages?
- InfoSec Messages was created to streamline confidential communications between employers and job seekers. Job seekers will be able to connect with you anonymously by clicking “Send Message” on the application page. An alert of the message will be sent to your email along with a link to log into InfoSec Connect messaging system. As you are searching resumes in the database, you can also communicate with job seekers by clicking the button “Send Message” at the top of the profile page. This can be extremely useful when communicating with “Incognito” job seekers as their profiles will be strictly confidential. The content of your communications will not be displayed in the email notification sent to you for security reasons.
Can I delete an application once it is completed?
No. Whether your application is directed to the employer’s email address or to their Applicant Tracking System (ATS), there is no way to recall a sent messages. If you have changed your mind, simply let that employer know that you are no longer interested.
Are opportunities on InfoSec Connect safe?
We do everything we can to make sure that opportunities posted through InfoSec Connect are safe and legitimate. We do not allow recruiter bots and we employ every technical and human method possible to review jobs. If you come across an opportunity on InfoSec Connect that you feel is a scam, please contact us immediately.
How do I close my Job Seeker Account?
Contact us to close your account.
JOB SEARCH AGENTS
How do I get notified of new opportunities?
Easy. Simply log into your account and create a “Job Search Agent” for a specific city, or remote/telecommute jobs. A weekly email will be sent to you with new opportunities that align with the “areas of interest” that you included in your profile.
How do stop job alert emails?
Simply disable the job search agent by unchecking the box “Enable Automated Job Search Agent”. Click save on your changes and you will stop receiving email alerts for new opportunities.
APPLYING TO JOBS
How do I apply to jobs I’m interested in?
Click on the orange “Apply Now” button, or one of the other apply options. If you are a new user, you will be prompted to enter your name, email address, and phone number, after which you can either upload your resume or enter it in plain text. If you are a registered user and already saved your resume on our site, simply click “Apply Now” and the resume you have on file will be transmitted to the hiring manager or recruiter who is managing that job.
Can I edit or replace the resume I have on file?
Of course! This is your profile and we encourage you to edit and update as you make changes to your resume. Simply log in and go to “My Account” where you can “Edit My Info”, swapping out attachments, changing your areas of interest, updating your opportunity wish list or adding new skills.